Thursday, June 5, 2008

good news and a mud pit.

-hey everyone

I hope the last few days have been great. For those in NC, I've heard it's been pretty hot. Quite the opposite is true in Vail this week, we are actually expecting some freezing rain/snow today.
The last few days have been filled with job searching and interviewing, but finally the search has come to an end. Yesterday, I got a job at a local resort called Beaver Creek. It is actually about 7-8 miles down the road, which means I will have to take 2 buses to work each morning. So, it wasn't exactly ideal. And then I went to interview yesterday and I realized that it was exactly where I needed to be this summer. I will be working as a child care provider for a children's day camp at the resort. Our team has several working restrictions, such as we can not work after 5pm or on the weekends. And this job is everyday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, so it fits perfectly within my schedule. I will be working full time at the camp with children up to the age of 6. I am the only one from my team working in the area, but I will be working with a group of 6 other girls around my age at the camp, which is a great opportunity to foster some really good relationships with them over the summer. Overall, it seems like a great fit. It's a very relaxed and laid back environment, which fits me perfectly. It has been so encouraging to see how the Lord provided once again and how well this job just fell into place.
I don't start working until Tuesday morning, so the next few days will be spent doing some hiking and just exploring this beautiful valley. And, exciting news: on Saturday evening I will be running in a 5k, which is a first for me. It's not just a 5k either, the last 100ft is a mud pit. Exciting..I know.

I have also posted some pictures of the valley area that I took on a hike with my roommate two days ago. Enjoy the scenery and hopefully I'll post more soon! You can view the pictures at:

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=2733508#/album.php?aid=2242259&id=2733508

Love you all and hope to talk to you soon.

In Him,
Lauren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoaa a mud pit! haha that's awesome. glad you're having such a great time, miss you!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures. beautiful blog. miss ya